viernes, 7 de agosto de 2009

mascara too much

okay, i admit. i've been overdoing the mascara bit. how i got the wake-up call: last night, a swollen wee flap of skin on my left eyelid plagued me all night. and what's worse is that it had to be this weekend. i'm upset becos this is the weekend i've been looking forward to - Grace's wedding tonight (i get to finally don on my new poppy dress), and Little J's baby dedication service tomorrow!

i think it happened becos last sat, in the hype of my excitement about the new turqoise-coloured mascara, i'd put it on to swim. and while i was shampooing my hair, the mascara faded across my eye area. to finish the story, the stain remained till several days later.

so i've been washing the affected eye with optrex every two hours and applying aloe vera on the bump. hopefully it gets better soon. otherwise, i can't imagine what i'll look like with a swollen eye doned over with a dress of blooming red and pink flowers. just blooming frenzy!

that aside, i can't wait to see Grace! i can't imagine she's got married. my memory of her seem to have halted since the night she left for the UK in that horrid checked shirt, jeans and sneakers. all of us teared after she crossed the gates. it was the first time we'd ever had to see a friend off.

13 years later this evening, i'll be attending her wedding. she in her most gorgeous ever! you see, this is the nostalgic past that joa's never known of me, which explains why i simply had to buy that new dress for the occasion! gosh, men.

No hay comentarios: