lunes, 17 de agosto de 2009

in the swing of things

I'm trying to get him to nap so I can surf the net a little before getting ready to head out. Today's my self-proclaimed day out. I get the afternoon off and can finally head to the mall to get Joa a nice picture frame for his new office desk.

These days I'm starting to enjoy staying home with the little one. Initially I had dreaded it, not sure if I'd ever be able to single-handedly pacify him. But I did. But it's not always smooth-sailing. Especially in the mornings when he wakes up at 7am and my body is still numb from a desperate need to sleep. Motherhood is not easy. Though I must say I am relishing every minute of it now so at least when he's all grown up and defiant, and adore other women above me, I can at least know that I once had him all to myself.

Tonight we're having dinner at a new restaurant opened by Joa's best man. It's just down the road from where we live and serving Italian. There are no Italian chefs, in fact, it's all gonna be cooked by him and a relative he hired. I must say we are a bit apprehensive. But we still want to show our patronage.

I've finally got a call for another interview tomorrow. There hasn't been any updates from the last few that I went to. I guess the competition is keen and I can't really have high expectations. Still I believe there'd be something. Just need to wait. And while I'm waiting, I can at least 'smell the roses' of a stay-home mum and enjoy every minute of having him close by.

No hay comentarios: