jueves, 22 de enero de 2009

unsatiating appetite

is there anything that can stop me from eating. i get a rude shock whenever i catch a glimpse of my reflection (side profile esp!). my arms are horribly fat and i think i see a bit of a double chin when i turn sideways. now that i'm coming to an end to the second trimester (26 weeks in), i'm feeling hungry all the time. after a heavy meal, it usually doesnt take more than 2 hours before i feel my stomach rumbling again.

i was warned of putting on (way) too much weight. and i'm trying to stick to a cap of 12 kilos from my pre pregnancy. but now that i'm only about two-thirds on, i'm almost hitting 10 kilos! so i told myself to put in some effort in exercising. this morn, joa and i woke up at 7.30am and headed to the stadium. but i was so hungry in the morning, i had to sneak in two slices of cake lapis that mum baked last nite before my 8 rounds around the track. when i got back, joa toasted a hotdog and cut me a thin slice of bread. i topped it off with an apple and a small piece of bak kwa. and u'd think that was all i had for breakfast. nada! i had to buy an ice milo when i got to work - it must have been all the walking. for lunch, i had a chef salad (with honey baked ham, chicken, roast beef and a hard boiled egg and cheese(!)) plus a side plate of french fries, and now, barely shy of one hour, and i'm contemplating ordering hokkien noodles from the stall! oh man, do pregnant women eat this much?! i mean, seriously, wat's the point of all my walking if i'm going to be eating half a cow later on?

man, help me. i mean, i'm not craving for anything in particular. and i swear, i feel the hunger pangs! oh wait-wait. there's the smell of my colleague's lunch. let me go check out wat she's eating.

No hay comentarios: