viernes, 19 de septiembre de 2008

teddy bear of a boss

today is my team leader, brian's last day at HT. i tink i'm really fortunate to have met such a wonderful person. it's all thanks to him that i got this job in beijing. in fact i'll never forget that thursday afternoon when i received a call from him inviting me to the interview. i felt a sense of familiarity and comfort. at first i'd thought it was because he was malaysian but it turned out he's one of the best boss i've ever had.

in 2 weeks' time, it'll be our turn to leave beijing. joa is obviously v excited while i'm dreading the transition and the 'music' i have to face once i land in changi airport. but i'm anxiously waiting to return as i worry about the baby's condition. it seems i've facing a risk of 65%. i dun even know if flying is even safe. i feel like a worrywart already. i've to make joa avoid certain 'positions', and i'm suspending my jogging routine. i've not had much morning sickness since last week and that scares me.

overall, i'm eating too much and gaining the pounds. not good if you ask me. too early to be gaining that much. joa tries to stop me but give up when i swear i've no cravings but it's just that i'm really having the hunger pangs. i feel tired all the time. and i've sworn off chinese food. the spicy fumes sickens me and it just occured me i haven't had rice in almost 3 days.

i'm going to miss everything and everyone at HT. u know u get that feeling that everything around u appears foreign once u made ur mind to dislodge? i'm getting that strange, alien feeling now. like i'm misplaced or something. i dun want to pack. i'm too tired to pack. hopefully joa's enthusiasm will help cover my share.

goodbye brian, and good luck!

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Hey... don't worry too much!! I believe the baby is good hands... afterall he is supposed to be my God-son! Nothing will happen to him!!
Just eat normally and healthily!

C u soon~! Can't wait! (^-^)

~K