martes, 16 de septiembre de 2008

macdonald refused to give me sugar in my tea!

china has the worst macdonald services in the world! this morning, i ordered the discount set of a sausage mcmuffin and a coffee - only that i had coffee changed to tea and had to pay an addition 50mao for it, but nvm. and then, they had the nerve to refuse to give me sugar! and that was from the manager. so i asked to see her superior who was this fatty man who told me that sugar only comes with milk tea which is an additional 2kuai and i will get cream and 2 satchets of sugar. this doesnt make sense! but then again, i've been refused no more than 2 satchets of ketchups several times so i've given up on trying to make any sense to them. obviously, they didnt go to macdonald's university for training!

had to remove the last entry becos joa freaked out when he saw it. he has the impression that the whole world reads my blog and our unplanned pregnancy was nothing to be proud of. now that the idea is settling in, our parents have been informed and we've mapped out a plan, we're feeling a lot more optimistic.

i informed my HR yesterday and she said my coming to beijing had been a good thing afterall. that i'm not as sure yet. i mean, i'm still jittery about everything that's to come. i rang up my gynae in singapore to ask him if i shd continue my medication for pcos and he said i shd try to make a trip back to sg asap seeing it is a crucial trimester, esp for patients with pcos.

that afternoon, joa and i went to the hospital to get a first ultrasound scan to make sure 'it' was in the right place. while i was waiting in the room, the lady before me was having her scan so i looked into the monitor and heard the radiologist say she cd not find the heart. i got really nervous but was relieved when she said she located a heartbeat on mine. when i told joa this, he almost cried. he's an emotional wreck now. but he's been really, really sweet to me. making my side of the bed for me in the mornings, being really gentle and considerate and even braved a thunderstorm last nite to fetch me from work becos he wasn't sure if i had a brolly.

we're looking to make our return in early october altho dad is still not talking to me. i'm opting to wait it out here so our families can come to terms with it without having my belly to remind them. but joa is adament that going back is the best thing to do. he even came up with an excel sheet to weigh the pros and cons of us staying on for a year longer which resulted in a breakeven really. but anyway, i'm won over by the thought of better medical care and familiar food.

so i have to relook for a job, and face the music when i get back. but i'm really looking forward to kway chap, hor fun and all the bubble tea that i want. omg, and really, really good service!

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Gosh...I can't imagine how the lady before you must have felt!

That's the thing I hate about hospitals in China - no privacy at all. Guess that's why the mainland Chinese are such a stoic race.

Give your Dad time...men don't take surprises as well as women do LOL

P/S I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of since you're both getting married!