miércoles, 22 de julio de 2009

back on the hunt again

i am starting to look for work again. people have been asking me if and when was i going back to work. i must say that is the toughest question.

Little J has just passed the three-month milestone. and now that he's beginning to settle down into a routine, i know it's also about time i face reality and hit the rat race again.

so i started poring over the job search websites again and i must say how much i abhore those online application forms! can't they just stick to email where attaching an email makes life so much easier. anyway, this time, i feel myself not much in a rush. sure i need the money. sure my savings is depleting one after another. but when i see that little smile, that cute squeal, and those beautiful eyes, i just wish everyone else could just leave me alone. (so you see, it's not just cable TV that's been keeping me home!)

but i know this is not being very smart and it's just the hormones acting up. surely i will applaud myself for making the decision to return to work once i get my hands on that gucci bag.

i have an interview tmr. it's a recommendation from my cousin. frankly, i'm not keen. but i think it'll be good exercise and preparation for me to return to the workforce. it might also be a potential employer.

have i ever lamented just how treacherous job hunting is? it sucks. it feels like subjecting oneself under the mercy of employers who scrutinise, judge you, and put a pricetag on you.

on to happier things. my birthday is coming. it's at least something to look forward to with nice dinners with family and friends. my wishlist? a new mobile (already got), a pair of earrings (that tourmaline one!), the pair of CNY clogs, and dinner at Ben & Jerry's. *hint hint*

No hay comentarios: