martes, 14 de abril de 2009

Nursery Corner


Progress! We've finally set up a little nursery corner in my room and madeshift a wardrobe space in my bookshelf. The cot bet arrived yesterday. A bundle package from the departmental store which came with a mattress, quilt set and bath basin. We also bought lots of stuffs from Kiddy Palace: vests, nappies, creams, lotions, and other necessities.

In the evening, Joa and I sat on the floor looking up at the white cot, finding it somehow disturbing that it's all going to happen so soon. It's a whole rojak of feelings - fear, excitement, apprehension, disbelief. It was like living out the Chan Brothers' travel ad: "Life could never be the same again" - a rollercoaster ride.

Frankly, we're both mentally and emotionally ill-prepared for this. Unsure if we'd even make the mark. But when I look at my friends' pictures on FB - those who'd recently had their own babies - I get this tinge of envy and assurance knowing that soon enough, my FB album will also be filled with these pictures of joy.

2 comentarios:

liss dijo...

sylvia, the cot looks adorable:)
i cant wait to hear the good news and it really feels like too long since we even spoke.
can i please have yours/joa's phone number?
mine's +6016 3311979, and it is indeed desperate measures that made me publish that here. ahhah, delete after reading kay:)

s dijo...

hey how are u? finally we're hearing from you. i saved your no.! will contact u soon.