martes, 21 de abril de 2009

39 weeks


I'm due any time now. Dr C said we'll induce if Lil' J is not out by 5th May. Joa and I had a mini-celebration this morning announcing that Lil' J is now officially a Taurus - admired for their determination, drive, loyalty and kindness.

We did our final shopping this morning: some fitted sheets, a blanket and some towels. Joa is now busy assembling an Ikea drawer chest that Mum bought for the baby. For the past few days, I feel tired easily, restless, and sweaty all the time. I also get sudden numbs around my inner thighs. My weight has come to a standstilll and I haven't put on an ounce since the last check-up a month ago. At the moment, we're pondering over how to go about donating the cord blood and contemplating a medical policy.

It's nice to have Joa at home and sitting out the final twosome days. Although I know I will miss the privacy we now share but I'm sure the new addition would only bring us both closer together as a couple and family.

39 weeks. How time flies. 10 glorious, eventful months! Strangely, I can't remember how it felt un-pregnant. It feels like bading farewell to my old self and welcoming the adult me.

2 comentarios:

Jasmine Lee dijo...

so exciting! i wonder whom the baby will look more like hehe

Anónimo dijo...

I still can't come to terms, that a lil J is on the way, anytime soon! Tell me more about the whole experience, after you pop! :)

Pan