martes, 17 de marzo de 2009

(sneaking) back...

I’ve been falling short of updates lately all thanks to a new contract job and bad luck for having been caught blogging at work. It didn’t cost me the job (though I sometimes wished it did), but I did get a warning from the HR.

Anyway. I’m down 35 days and have 22 more (excruciating) ones to go. You can tell how much I’m absolutely loving this. I’m not gonna complain about my job because I think most of my friends and J has heard me going on at it. And I figured, it’s pointless. Getting this job in the first place was a miracle. Finishing it would be a huge accomplishment.

Last night, we went to watch a musical by the theatre students of Lasalle. It was pretty impressive and a good show. Although it was disheartening to realise that most of the cast were foreigners. I guess performing arts could never naturally be a Singaporean thing. We can’t sing, can’t dance, but can speak with a lousy accent. I also realised I’m never one for musical. I dun fancy stage acting and find it mere pretense. I hate the singing but did love the music. I’m better off at a music concert.

We’ve been going around shopping for a baby cot for the baby. Everything is terribly expensive but we’re lucky my cousins have been passing on some of their baby stuffs. So far, we’ve saved on 2 strollers, a breast pump, breast pads, a playpen, a child seat, a sarong sling, a baby carrier. Plus we spent some of those free taka vouchers we got on our wedding on some milk bottles and sterilizer.
Now, we’re still debating which babycot to get and if we even need a diaper bag. I saw some nice ones from Mothercare, but they’re awfully pricey. I’m also still short of a soft toy for the baby to hug to sleep with. It’s hard to find any toy that is not made those soft furs. I just want one that is made of a towel material.

We’ve got a huge event coming up this Friday and if I’m lucky, I might just get a glimpse of MM Lee in the flesh.

6.5 hours more to go before I can head home and hit the shack.

No hay comentarios: