lunes, 9 de febrero de 2009

not too great a first day

45 more minutes and already i can't quite wait to dash out of the door and make my (long) way home. this is not quite a great day. the office is now situated in an old function room that is doomed for demolitian next week, by then, we'd move to anor makeshift space up in the new building. but until then, it's drilling next door, and everywhere's just messy.

i'm too far away from home and the long mrt/bus route makes it worse. stepping out of the office, i feel like i'm back at school again. the canteen food sucks and everywhere's just students. it made me glad that i didn't study university here. it's certainly not like how it was like back at QUT.

my new colleagues are alright. almeta, my new head and karen, who sits opposite me are a cheerful and easy going - although i cdn't quite keep up with their conversation of fine dining places which are having set lunch promos at $45 per head.

i ran into a familiar face - Loo Si, an accounts executive who used to work at SGCC while i was there. she's been here for 7 months and when she walked by me with a curious expression on her face, i instantly knew who she was.

aside from all these, i got sick on the way to work. puked in the toilet, and later, one more time when i started on my first assignment. frankly, vetting fine dining menus are quite a chore. writing about circuit breakers seemed easier.

my corner is unlike what i had in beijing. no view, no nice sunshiny desk. frankly, this place feels more strange and foreign than china. i wonder how long i'm gonna get used to this. my only comfort - i'd only just have to hold this out for 2 mths and off i go.

No hay comentarios: