martes, 17 de febrero de 2009

cute

so that was the little surprise joa had for me. i found it extremely endearing because he said the assembly of the items made up both of us - love, marriage and baby on the way :) he'd planned to take me out that evening for a nice dinner but i didn't want to squeeze with the crowd and so we followed my parents to the Club and took a looong stroll (act just 40 mins, but both our legs were aching like mad) and later had supper at east coast food place where my parents dragged us on another looong walk around the cable ski lagoon.

it was a hardly romantic day but i think we got the squeeze out of it - flowers, exchange of lovey-dovey words, (great) sex, time spent together, wonderful time spent talking about everything and nothing, and of course, i get to redeem my 'voucher' for a nice dinner treat next time.

i went for my 29th week check yesterday and everything looks fine. except the fact that Little J had cushioned his face against my placenta so we cd not see if he has any obvious facial flaws. during the consultation, Dr Cheng received an urgent call from the hospital about a patient in labour. she was about 29 weeks, as advanced as i was and it appalled me that my due date was really coming quite soon. then the nurse went on to brief me about the following check-ups where i'd be due to fill in my hospital admission, take various vaginal scan and observe Little J's heartbeat for a sign of his birthday.

on monday, joa bought a few milk bottles and steriliser, and just last week, i bought some sleepers for him. grace, a close friend bought us a pair of booties (in the pic), and last night we were chatting with my cousin about the kind of crib to buy. gosh, this is all coming so fast i sometimes feel scared out of my wits.

workwise. i've started to adapt slowly to the endless travel journey to and fro work and starting to like my colleagues. although the walking upslope from the bus stop still kills me every morning and cause my varicose veins to swell and pop, still i've decide to take heart in this and press on till the end of my contract. afterall, the people are nice and the pay is decent.

joa's decided to quit his job at idp and i'm pleased becos he seems much happier these days. we're also going to trust God for a new opportunity so this friday, on his last day of work, i'm gonna gather a few close friends to 'celebrate' his (currently still non-existent) new upcoming job.

1 comentario:

love dijo...

Hey Sylvia! You mind smsing me your mobile number? I seems to have lost your contact le. Thanks! PRis.